- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
El Fogon Review
Open only for lunch, El Fogon serves down-home Belizean cooking like chaya tamales and stew chicken in a thatch building with dirt floor. Food is prepared in cast iron pots in a traditional fogon, a wood-burning stove. Though it's in town just 2 blocks from the airstrip, it's a little hard to find.
- Address: 2 Trigger Fish St., near airport, between Esmeralda and Tarpon sts., San Pedro
- Phone: 206/2121
- Location: Ambergris Caye and San Pedro
- No credit cards.
- No dinner.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 3.5-Star Radisson Fort George and Marina Fr $145+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $65/night less
- Book 3.5-Star Radisson Fort George and Marina Fr $176+/Nt Expedia
- Top Vacation Sale! 6 Nts + Air as Low as $960 Travelocity
- Visit Belize City for Less: Hotels Fr $149+/Nt — $149 Travelocity
- Super Savings on Belize City 7 Nts Htl + Air Fr $1,345 — $1,345 Travelocity
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
2 weeks in Belize was not enough to explore the entire country, but we got a taste of it and we know we will go back for more!
I will not go into a lot of details, but I got a lot of help from this forum Read more
Has anyone heard that GAR was seriously damaged by high winds last week? Read more
· News & Features
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
Planning a trip to Belize, you'd expect all manner of outdoorsy and water activities.... Read more
Chock full of ruins, boutique hotels (two owned by Coppola), great food, and barefoot-minded beaches,... Read more