- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Five banks operate on Ambergris Caye: Alliance Bank, Atlantic Bank, Belize Bank, First Caribbean International Bank, and ScotiaBank. Most are open weekdays from 8 until midafternoon, with longer hours on Friday afternoon.
On Caye Caulker, there's just one bank with an ATM machine that accepts foreign-issued ATM cards, Atlantic Bank on Back Street, in a new building near Chan's Market. It's open weekdays 8-2:30. There are no banks on any other islands.
All the local banks except Alliance Bank accept ATM cards issued outside Belize, giving cash in Belize dollars. Cash advances on your Visa or MasterCard are also available from these banks.
Heritage Bank. Formerly Alliance Bank. 33 Barrier Reef Dr., San Pedro. 226/2136. www.heritageibt.com.
Belize Bank (49 Barrier Reef Dr., San Pedro. 226/2482. www.belizebank.com.)
First Caribbean International Bank (45 Barrier Reef Dr., San Pedro. 226/3834. www.firstcaribbeanbank.com.)
ScotiaBank (12 Coconut Dr., San Pedro. 226/3730. www.belize.scotiabank.com.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 3.5-Star Radisson Fort George and Marina Fr $145+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $65/night less
- Book 3.5-Star Radisson Fort George and Marina Fr $176+/Nt Expedia
- Look no Further! Belize City 7 Nts + Air as Low as $1,013 Travelocity
- Visit Belize City for Less: Hotels Fr $149+/Nt — $149 Travelocity
- Look no Further! Belize City 6 Nts + Air as Low as $995 — $995 Travelocity