- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Ko-Ox Han-Nah Review
Formerly called Hannah's (the new name in the Mayan language means, roughly, "Let's go eat"), by whatever name this is one of San Ignacio's most popular restaurants, and deservedly so. It's far from fancy—you eat on simple tables in what is essentially a large shed on busy Burns Avenue—but service is cheerful, and the food is inexpensive and well-prepared. Dinner entrees range from BZ$6 to BZ$25. Much of the food is raised on the farm of the Zimbabwean-born owner. In addition to the usual Belizean beans-and-rice dishes, Ko-Ox Han-Nah serves fusion food influenced by Mexican, Southeast Asian, and North and South Indian cooking, with salads, sandwiches, burritos, Burmese dishes, Cambodian and Korean chicken dishes, and Indian lamb curries. Across the street the owner has opened a butcher shop that also has sandwiches.
- Address: 5 Burns Ave., San Ignacio
- Phone: 824/3014
- Location: San Ignacio
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Visit Belize City for Less: Hotels Fr $149+/Nt Travelocity
- Radisson Fort George and Marina in May: $176 & Up Expedia
- 4% OFF BEST WESTERN Belize Biltmore Plaza! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1,006 Travelocity
- 3.5-Star Radisson Fort George and Marina Fr $145+/Nt — $145 Save with Hotels.com, $65/night less
- Super Savings on Belize City 6 Nts Htl + Air Fr $917 — $917 Travelocity
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
2 weeks in Belize was not enough to explore the entire country, but we got a taste of it and we know we will go back for more!
I will not go into a lot of details, but I got a lot of help from this forum Read more
Has anyone heard that GAR was seriously damaged by high winds last week? Read more
· News & Features
Honeymoons are the chance to take the adventure of a lifetime.... Read more
Planning a trip to Belize, you'd expect all manner of outdoorsy and water activities.... Read more
Chock full of ruins, boutique hotels (two owned by Coppola), great food, and barefoot-minded beaches,... Read more