- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mountain Equestrian Trails. When it comes to horseback-riding adventures, whether on the old logging roads of the Mountain Pine Ridge or on trails in the Slate Creek Preserve, the local experts are found at Mountain Equestrian Trails. Full-day rides range from BZ$166 to BZ$180. Five-night riding packages including accommodations but not meals are BZ$4,880 double in-season. Mile 8, Mountain Pine Ridge Rd., San Ignacio. 669/1124 or 800/838-3918. www.metbelize.com.
The Lodge at Chaa Creek. The Lodge at Chaa Creek has a stable of riding horses. Two- to three-hour guided horseback trips cost BZ$90 per person. A horseback tour to Chaa Creek's Maya organic farm is BZ$90. Chial Rd., San Ignacio. 824/2037. www.chaacreek.com.
Moonracer Farm. Moonracer Farm has half-day (BZ$100) and full-day (BZ$130) horseback rides with a local Maya guide. Mountain Pine Ridge Rd., just outside Mountain Pine Ridge, San Antonio. 585/200-5748 Skype number. www.moonracerfarm.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Look no Further! Belize City Hotels Fr $149+/Nt Travelocity
- May deal: Radisson Fort George and Marina Fr $180+/Nt Expedia
- Unbelievable Price! 3 Nts The Great House + Air Fr $901 Travelocity
- Small budget: Stay in Belize City this May Fr $109+/Nt — $109 Expedia
- Super Savings on Belize City 6 Nts Htl + Air Fr $979 — $979 Travelocity