- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
For bonefish and tarpon, head to the estuary flats in the Port Honduras marine reserve at the end of the Río Grande, or go northward to Punta Ycacos. In the Marine Reserve, anglers pay a day-park fee of BZ$20, or BZ$60 for three to seven days. There is no fee for the Punta Ycacos, unless you fish in the Port Honduras reserve. For a full day's fly-fishing with a local guide and boat, you'll pay around BZ$550-BZ$600 for two anglers.
Blue Belize Tours and Charters. Blue Belize Tours is operated by Dr. Rachel Graham, a marine biologist specializing in sharks, and Dan Castellanos, an experienced local fisherman and licensed guide. Fishing trips include spincasting, trolling, and catch-and-release fly-fishing, for around BZ$650 a day for up to two to four persons, depending on the type of fishing. 139 Front St., Punta Gorda. 722/2678. www.bluebelize.com.
TIDE Tours. TIDE Tours offers fly-fishing for bonefish or permit, from BZ$900 per day for two persons, not including 12.5% tax or reserve entry fees. 14 Front St., Punta Gorda. 722/2129. www.tidetours.org.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Look no Further! Belize City Hotels Fr $149+/Nt Travelocity
- Book 3.5-Star Radisson Fort George and Marina Fr $176+/Nt Expedia
- Look no Further! Belize City 7 Nts + Air as Low as $1,018 Travelocity
- 3.5-Star Radisson Fort George and Marina Fr $146+/Nt — $146 Save with Hotels.com, $64/night less
- Last Minute Vacation Sale! 7 Nts Belize City + Air Fr $984 — $984 Travelocity