- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Canoeing and Kayaking
When kayaking or canoeing on the Sittee River, you can see many birds and, possibly, manatees and crocodiles. Manatees also are often spotted in the sea just off the Hopkins shore. If you go on a tour with a licensed guide from a local lodge, expect to pay BZ$100-BZ$150 per person. Several hotels in Hopkins, including Tipple Tree Beya Hotel, Hopkins Inn, Jungle by the Sea, and All Seasons Guest House, rent kayaks, canoes, and other water equipment by the hour or day. Although it's possible to do sea kayaking from Hopkins, often the water is choppy. Long sea-kayaking trips should be tried only by experienced kayakers, preferably with a guide.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe