- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
If you need a ride to the airport in Dangriga, call Neal's Taxi. Fare from downtown to the airstrip at the town's north end costs about BZ$6-BZ$8. From Dangriga to Hopkins, the fare is around BZ$100 to BZ$120. Taxis are expensive in Placencia, given the relatively short distances involved. It's BZ$50 one-way for one to three persons and BZ$15 per person for four or more from Placencia Village to the north end of the peninsula (where the Placencia is); BZ$40 one-way from Placencia Village to Maya Beach for one to three persons and BZ$15 per person for four or more; BZ$12 for one person and BZ$6 per person for two or more from Placencia Village to the airstrip. With the paving of the Placencia road, there's hope that taxi fares may drop. Your hotel can arrange a taxi for you.
Radiance Ritchie (Placencia. 622/3197.)
Gilly Garbutt (Placencia. 620/9387.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe