- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
An old standby at Punta Uva, Selvin's keeps limited, sometimes irregular, hours, especially in the off-season, so head out here if you're fortunate enough to be in town when it's open. (Always call ahead.) The owner, known to everyone in town as "Blanca," cooks up a menu of rondón, rice and beans, lobster, shrimp, and chicken with sweet mole sauce.
- Address: 7 km (4½ miles) southeast of town at Punta Uva, Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, 70403
- Phone: 2750-0664
- Location: Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
- No credit cards.
- Closed Mon. and Tues.; may be closed other days May--June and Sept.--Nov.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $769 & up -- Costa Rica All-Incl. Escape w/Air & Spa Credit CheapCaribbean.com
- $769 -- Costa Rica 4-Star All-Inclusive Trip w/Air, $500 Off — $769 Hotel Riu Guanacaste
Planning a bachelor party for 5 guys in Tamarindo in the beginning of June. Read more
Hello to All!
Well, first a big thank you to all who take the time to answer questions, give advice, and post your own trip reports. Know that your efforts have helped shape this fantastic trip that follows… Read more
I was hoping I could get a few recommendations on what towns/cities/beaches/attractions to go to in Costa Rica. We are all adventurous people and would love hiking, exploring, etc. We arent huge Read more
· News & Features
Surf, sand, and low key vibes draw visitors to Costa Rica on a pretty continual basis.... Read more
The deck of a cruise ship isn't just a classic lounge spot - it's a way to show your kids the world.... Read more
There's a light at the end of the wedding-planning tunnel: the honeymoon.... Read more