- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Horizontes de Montezuma
At a Glance
- terrific value
- nice respite from the heat of town
- outside town
- need car to stay here
Horizontes de Montezuma Review
Montezuma's only Spanish-language center is perched on a hill 2 km (1 mi) from town, and rents its rooms to students and travelers. The impressive white Caribbean-style house has wooden verandas, French doors, and a black-and-white tile floor. Its elegant stairway leads to three corner rooms with ample balconies and four smaller airy ones. Some rooms have views of the sea, others of the surrounding jungle. Tastefully decorated, the white rooms are simple, but sufficient. A large terrace evokes a Parisian café (though no food or drinks are served) and has a reading area with comfortable wicker chairs. The small pool in front is surrounded by a green lawn and gardens. Enjoy beautiful sunsets, cool nighttime temperatures, and a jungle trail through the 6-acre property. The hotel offers numerous web-only packages.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $144-$159 -- Costa Rica All-Incl. Luxury Resort, 45% Off BookIt.com
- $769 & up -- Costa Rica All-Incl. Escape w/Air & Spa Credit CheapCaribbean.com
- $769 -- Costa Rica 4-Star All-Inclusive Trip w/Air, $500 Off — $769 Hotel Riu Guanacaste
Hello to All!
Well, first a big thank you to all who take the time to answer questions, give advice, and post your own trip reports. Know that your efforts have helped shape this fantastic trip that follows… Read more
My husband and I just returned from 9 nights at the Palace. Read more
I plan to visit CR in June
I am thinking of renting a car from San Jose Airport
1) Is driving around the country easy?
2) How accurate are the GPS
3) How is the roads?
4) Do they have proper signs Read more
· News & Features
Surf, sand, and low key vibes draw visitors to Costa Rica on a pretty continual basis.... Read more
The deck of a cruise ship isn't just a classic lounge spot - it's a way to show your kids the world.... Read more
There's a light at the end of the wedding-planning tunnel: the honeymoon.... Read more