Recommended Tour Operators
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Recommended Tour Operators
Costa Rica 4u (2508-5000, 888/236-4447 in North America www.costarica4u.com) has a variety of Central Pacific tours, plus car rentals, private drivers, shuttle vans, and a 4WD off-the-beaten-path "adventure" transfer between San José and Manuel Antonio.
King Tours (2643-2441, 800/213-7091 www.kingtours.com) arranges trips to the top Central Pacific attractions, including Manuel Antonio National Park and Carara National Park.
Ríos Tropicales (2233-6455, 866/722-8273 www.riostropicales.com), a high-quality adventure tour company, runs white-water rafting trips on rivers near Manuel Antonio cost $70 to $99.
Costa Rica Gateway. Since 1993, expert birders (and brothers) Kevin and Steven Easley have been organizing comprehensive and customized bird-watching tours. They know where the birding hotspots are, as well as all the best birding places to stay and how to capture the birds on film. Alajuela. 2433-8278. www.costaricagateway.com.
Costa Rica Living and Birding. Guide Patrick O'Donnell is not only knowledgeable but also particularly good at helping new birders see the birds. He offers custom birding tours, mostly day trips from the San Jose area. For up-to-date birding news, check out his informative blog. Santa Barbara de Heredia. 8318-3329 or 716/778-2091. birdingcraft.com/wordpress.
Costa Rica4U TeamCRT. The many services include a variety of Central Pacific tours, plus car rentals, private drivers, shuttle vans, and a 4WD off-the-beaten-path "adventure" transfer between San José and Manuel Antonio. 2508-5000; 888/236-4447 in North America. www.costarica4u.com.
Rios Tropicales. High-quality adventure tours include white-water rafting trips on rivers near Manuel Antonio; excursions cost from $67 to $99. Central Colon Building, San José. 2233-6455; 866/722-8273 in North America. www.riostropicales.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $144-$159 -- Costa Rica All-Incl. Luxury Resort, 45% Off BookIt.com
- $769 -- Costa Rica 4-Star All-Inclusive Trip w/Air, $500 Off Hotel Riu Guanacaste
- $1099 -- Costa Rica 7-Night Riu All-Incl. Vacation w/Airfare — $1,099 Apple Vacations