- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- excellent value
- beautiful grounds
- attention to sustainable tourism
- luxurious suites
- small, one-room spa
- standard-room bathrooms could use a little upgrading
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Casa Turire Review
Lush gardens and manicured lawns surround this gorgeous, hacienda-style, luxury hotel overlooking a scenic lake. From the royal palms that line the driveway to the patterned tile floors and art nouveau flourishes above the windows and doors, Casa Turire is an exercise in attention to detail. High-ceiling guest rooms have hardwood floors, elegantly upholstered furniture, sumptuous drapes and bedcovers on the queen or king beds, and bright, tiled bathrooms with tubs. Balconies look onto the lake or the beautifully landscaped pool area. The soaring plant-filled atrium is a civilized spot in which to relax after a day's adventure, or you can curl up in a leather chair in the library, or try out the pool table in the sitting room with an adjoining full-service bar. The restaurant offers exquisite faux finishes and trompe-l'oeil murals and serves sophisticated dinners that are surprisingly reasonably priced. The extensive breakfast buffet is excellent, too. If you hanker after even more luxury, the newly redecorated suites are exceptional, with Jacuzzi tubs, hydro showers, flat-screen TVs, and private terraces. The two-story master suite has a wraparound balcony. New, groomed trails around the lake offer pleasant shaded walks and bird-watching opportunities, and kayaks are available for paddling on the lake.
- Address: 8 km (5 miles) south on Carretera a la Suiza from Turrialba, Turrialba, 30502 | Map It
- Phone: 2531-1111; 877/750-6855 in North America
- Website: www.hotelcasaturire.com
- Location: Turrialba
- 12 standard rooms, 3 suites, 1 master suite.
- Rate includes breakfast.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $144-$159 -- Costa Rica All-Incl. Luxury Resort, 45% Off BookIt.com
- $769 & up -- Costa Rica All-Incl. Escape w/Air & Spa Credit CheapCaribbean.com
- $769 -- Costa Rica 4-Star All-Inclusive Trip w/Air, $500 Off — $769 Hotel Riu Guanacaste
- $1099 -- Costa Rica 7-Night Riu All-Incl. Vacation w/Airfare — $1,099 Apple Vacations
Hello to All!
Well, first a big thank you to all who take the time to answer questions, give advice, and post your own trip reports. Know that your efforts have helped shape this fantastic trip that follows… Read more
My husband and I just returned from 9 nights at the Palace. Read more
I plan to visit CR in June
I am thinking of renting a car from San Jose Airport
1) Is driving around the country easy?
2) How accurate are the GPS
3) How is the roads?
4) Do they have proper signs Read more
· News & Features
Surf, sand, and low key vibes draw visitors to Costa Rica on a pretty continual basis.... Read more
The deck of a cruise ship isn't just a classic lounge spot - it's a way to show your kids the world.... Read more
There's a light at the end of the wedding-planning tunnel: the honeymoon.... Read more