- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- tranquil setting
- comfortable common areas
- lovely patio
- friendly owners
- can be difficult to find
- 3 out of 5 rooms have shared bathrooms
Rainforest Dreams Review
While it may not actually be in the rain forest, this small inn at the end of a residential street is a great get-away-from-it-all place that still puts you close enough to the action. Bright cheery rooms each employ a different Costa Rican theme using artistic accents supplied by a frequent guest. (His wares also populate a small on-site gift shop.) For a bit more privacy, two larger rooms are removed from the main house and front the adjoining patio. That plant-filled patio makes a wonderful place to return at the end of the day—or it may tempt you to linger after the ample breakfast served here—with birds fluttering and even a family of resident iguanas in the trees. (The latter stay outside the patio area.) A pleasant sitting room, and, of course, accommodating owners round out the offerings.
- Address: From Saretto supermarket 100 m east, 100 m north, 300 m east, Los Anonos de Escazú, Escazú, 10203
- Phone: 2289-6087; 888/215-8710 in North America
- Website: www.rainforestdreamscostarica.com
- Location: Escazú
- 5 rooms, 2 with private bath.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $144-$159 -- Costa Rica All-Incl. Luxury Resort, 45% Off BookIt.com
- $769 & up -- Costa Rica All-Incl. Escape w/Air & Spa Credit CheapCaribbean.com
- $769 -- Costa Rica 4-Star All-Inclusive Trip w/Air, $500 Off — $769 Hotel Riu Guanacaste
- $1099 -- Costa Rica 7-Night Riu All-Incl. Vacation w/Airfare — $1,099 Apple Vacations
Hello to All!
Well, first a big thank you to all who take the time to answer questions, give advice, and post your own trip reports. Know that your efforts have helped shape this fantastic trip that follows… Read more
My husband and I just returned from 9 nights at the Palace. Read more
I plan to visit CR in June
I am thinking of renting a car from San Jose Airport
1) Is driving around the country easy?
2) How accurate are the GPS
3) How is the roads?
4) Do they have proper signs Read more
· News & Features
Surf, sand, and low key vibes draw visitors to Costa Rica on a pretty continual basis.... Read more
The deck of a cruise ship isn't just a classic lounge spot - it's a way to show your kids the world.... Read more
There's a light at the end of the wedding-planning tunnel: the honeymoon.... Read more