- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mi Casa Hostel El Manglar
At a Glance
- near beach
- foam mattresses
- no restaurant (but breakfast included)
- long walk from surf break
- some rooms without a/c
Mi Casa Hostel El Manglar Review
If you like cooking for yourself, consider the villas at this pleasant hotel-cum-hostel. Sitting rooms, kitchens, and terraces give you lots of room to relax; bedrooms are modern and minimalist, with king-size beds. The cheaper upstairs guest rooms are much more basic, with minimalist decor and loft bedrooms with fans instead of air-conditioners. There's also a two-bedroom family or group apartment and super-cheap accommodation in two six-bed dorm rooms. The hotel has a pretty garden and a pool with a swim-up bar, which is a social center for the generally young European crowd that gravitates here. There's also a communal kitchen. It's a short walk from the beach.
- Address: Palm Beach Estates, 2 km (1 mile) south of Playa Grande, south of Hotel La Cantarana, Playa Grande
- Phone: 2653-0952
- Website: www.micasahostel.com
- Location: Playa Grande
- 2 dorms, 4 double rooms, 4 one-bedroom villas, 1 two-bedroom villa.
- Rate includes breakfast.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $144-$159 -- Costa Rica All-Incl. Luxury Resort, 45% Off BookIt.com
- $769 & up -- Costa Rica All-Incl. Escape w/Air & Spa Credit CheapCaribbean.com
- $769 -- Costa Rica 4-Star All-Inclusive Trip w/Air, $500 Off — $769 Hotel Riu Guanacaste
- $1099 -- Costa Rica 7-Night Riu All-Incl. Vacation w/Airfare — $1,099 Apple Vacations
Hello to All!
Well, first a big thank you to all who take the time to answer questions, give advice, and post your own trip reports. Know that your efforts have helped shape this fantastic trip that follows… Read more
My husband and I just returned from 9 nights at the Palace. Read more
I plan to visit CR in June
I am thinking of renting a car from San Jose Airport
1) Is driving around the country easy?
2) How accurate are the GPS
3) How is the roads?
4) Do they have proper signs Read more
· News & Features
Surf, sand, and low key vibes draw visitors to Costa Rica on a pretty continual basis.... Read more
The deck of a cruise ship isn't just a classic lounge spot - it's a way to show your kids the world.... Read more
There's a light at the end of the wedding-planning tunnel: the honeymoon.... Read more