- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hotel Villa Serena
At a Glance
- closest rooms to beach
- only TV is at the bar
- hard to contact by phone
- closed during low season
Hotel Villa Serena Review
Serenely spread across verdant grounds a short walk from the beach, this hotel is certainly aptly named. The rooms are slightly old but bright and spacious, with high wooden ceilings, big bathrooms, and soothing pastels and local art on the walls. They open onto narrow terraces with wooden chairs, most of which overlook the gardens; only Rooms 1 and 2 have ocean views. A large, rectangular pool is surrounded by coconut palms, and across the street is a small shelter at the edge of the beach, perfect for watching the sunset. The second-floor bar and restaurant ($$$) also have a nice ocean view. The menu ranges from fish-and-chips to filet mignon, with daily seafood specials. Breakfast is not included in the room rate, but a flask of coffee is delivered to rooms early in the morning. Free snorkeling gear and kayaks are available to guests, along with Wi-Fi.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $144-$159 -- Costa Rica All-Incl. Luxury Resort, 45% Off BookIt.com
- $769 & up -- Costa Rica All-Incl. Escape w/Air & Spa Credit CheapCaribbean.com
- $769 -- Costa Rica 4-Star All-Inclusive Trip w/Air, $500 Off — $769 Hotel Riu Guanacaste
- $1099 -- Costa Rica 7-Night Riu All-Incl. Vacation w/Airfare — $1,099 Apple Vacations
Hello to All!
Well, first a big thank you to all who take the time to answer questions, give advice, and post your own trip reports. Know that your efforts have helped shape this fantastic trip that follows… Read more
My husband and I just returned from 9 nights at the Palace. Read more
I plan to visit CR in June
I am thinking of renting a car from San Jose Airport
1) Is driving around the country easy?
2) How accurate are the GPS
3) How is the roads?
4) Do they have proper signs Read more
· News & Features
Surf, sand, and low key vibes draw visitors to Costa Rica on a pretty continual basis.... Read more
The deck of a cruise ship isn't just a classic lounge spot - it's a way to show your kids the world.... Read more
There's a light at the end of the wedding-planning tunnel: the honeymoon.... Read more