- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Ocotal Beach Resort
At a Glance
- lots of excursions
- great infrastructure
- lovely views
- three swimming pools
- spotty service
- steep hill to climb
Check Rates from our Partners
Ocotal Beach Resort Review
This large resort spread across a ridge has the best sea views hereabouts and is also one of the best dive and sportfishing resorts in the country. All rooms have ocean views, but those with the nicest views are on the hilltop, even though they may be a bit cramped with furniture. Down the hill to the beach, comfortable triangular bungalows each have two separate suites that share a semiprivate pool. All the rooms have extra amenities such as coffeemakers, CD players, and hair dryers. There's a swimming pool at the top of the property, as well as a pool near the restaurant; be prepared, though, for a steep hike to the biggest one down at the beach, complete with a swim-up bar. You can call for a golf cart to take you back up the hill. The best feature of the restaurant, which specializes in Mediterranean and Asian flavors, is the 270-degree view from the terrace.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $144-$159 -- Costa Rica All-Incl. Luxury Resort, 45% Off BookIt.com
- $769 & up -- Costa Rica All-Incl. Escape w/Air & Spa Credit CheapCaribbean.com
- $769 -- Costa Rica 4-Star All-Inclusive Trip w/Air, $500 Off — $769 Hotel Riu Guanacaste
- $1099 -- Costa Rica 7-Night Riu All-Incl. Vacation w/Airfare — $1,099 Apple Vacations
Hello to All!
Well, first a big thank you to all who take the time to answer questions, give advice, and post your own trip reports. Know that your efforts have helped shape this fantastic trip that follows… Read more
My husband and I just returned from 9 nights at the Palace. Read more
I plan to visit CR in June
I am thinking of renting a car from San Jose Airport
1) Is driving around the country easy?
2) How accurate are the GPS
3) How is the roads?
4) Do they have proper signs Read more
· News & Features
Surf, sand, and low key vibes draw visitors to Costa Rica on a pretty continual basis.... Read more
The deck of a cruise ship isn't just a classic lounge spot - it's a way to show your kids the world.... Read more
There's a light at the end of the wedding-planning tunnel: the honeymoon.... Read more