- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
La Selva Biological Station Lodge
At a Glance
- many activities, ecology-minded staff
- plenty of wildlife
- rustic rooms
- no a/c
- sometimes difficult to procure overnight space
Check Rates from our Partners
La Selva Biological Station Lodge Review
Other lodges provide more luxury for the money, but none can match the tropical nature experience at this working biological-research station where accommodation is in dorm-style rooms with large bunk beds and lots of screened windows or family-style cabins that sleep up to four. The restaurant, something like a school cafeteria, serves decent food but has a very limited schedule (reserve ahead). Rates for dorms or cabins are full-board, which includes a guided nature walk and three meals a day with your room rate, since there's nowhere else to eat. Priority is given to researchers, so advance reservations are essential.
- Address: 6 km (4 miles) south of Puerto Viejo de Sarapiquí, Puerto Viejo de Sarapiquí, 41001 | Map It
- Phone: 2766-6565; 2524-0607 in San José
- Website: www.threepaths.co.cr
- Location: La Selva Biological Station
- 60 bunk beds, 18 cabins, 1 family house.
- Rate includes all meals.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $144-$159 -- Costa Rica All-Incl. Luxury Resort, 45% Off BookIt.com
- $769 & up -- Costa Rica All-Incl. Escape w/Air & Spa Credit CheapCaribbean.com
- $769 -- Costa Rica 4-Star All-Inclusive Trip w/Air, $500 Off — $769 Hotel Riu Guanacaste
Hello to All!
Well, first a big thank you to all who take the time to answer questions, give advice, and post your own trip reports. Know that your efforts have helped shape this fantastic trip that follows… Read more
My husband and I just returned from 9 nights at the Palace. Read more
Just a heads up for any who may have booked TACA via LA or NY.
http://www.ticotimes.net/More-news/News-Briefs/Avianca-Taca-drops-five-nonstop-flights-to-Costa-Rica-lays-off-261-employees_Saturday-May-18-2013 Read more
· News & Features
Surf, sand, and low key vibes draw visitors to Costa Rica on a pretty continual basis.... Read more
The deck of a cruise ship isn't just a classic lounge spot - it's a way to show your kids the world.... Read more
There's a light at the end of the wedding-planning tunnel: the honeymoon.... Read more