- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hotel La Casona del Lago
Hotel La Casona del Lago Review
The style looks a tad out of place here (think Caribbean pastels), but no matter. Santa Elena's newest, spiffiest hotel sits on the lakeshore and has splendid views of Flores across the water, especially from the top-floor restaurant and bar. Rooms are bright and spacious, with large windows, tile floors, two double beds each, and a desk, and are arranged around three sides of the pool. This place also tosses in amenities such as Wi-Fi, rarely seen in this part of the country.
- Address: 1 Calle, Santa Elena
- Phone: 7952-8700; 2336-2841 in Guatemala City
- Location: Santa Elena
- 33 rooms.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Guatemala Experience IExplore
- Colonial Cities & Mayan Civilizations IExplore
- Guatemala, Honduras & Belize — $4,995 IExplore
- Colonial Cities & Mayan Civilizations — $4,695 IExplore
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
Hi, all -
A summer Guatemala visit was out for me this year due to happy, busy plans to reconnect with host families in Scotland (mine) and The Netherlands (son Isaac's) and a focus week in Cambridge fo Read more
We are going for eight days and want to go to Tikal and Lake Atitlan. Read more
· News & Features
After reading these five reasons to actually stop in Guatemala (think roasting marshmallows on a volcano,... Read more
Reading trip reports from other travelers can be an invaluable resource for planning your next vacation.... Read more
The best way to experience the incomparable Maya ruins is to get up just before the birds do, from a hotel... Read more