- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Most international flights into Guatemala head to the newly renovated Aeropuerto Internacional La Aurora (GUA). International airlines serving the airport are American, Continental, Copa, Cubana, Delta, Iberia, Mexicana, Spirit Air, Taca, United, and US Airways.
Domestic airlines Inter Regional (a division of Taca) and TAG fly between the capital and Aeropuerto Internacional Mundo Maya outside the twin towns of Flores and Santa Elena in El Petén.
To and from the Airport
Less than a mile from the New City, Aeropuerto Internacional La Aurora is convenient if a bit too close. Make sure you negotiate a fare with the driver before getting into a taxi. A reasonable price from the airport to Zona 9 or 10 is about $10 (Q70 to Q80), but a driver could ask for as much as $30. Dollars are gladly accepted if you haven't had a chance to change money. Minivan shuttles to Antigua, less than one hour away, meet most flights, too. Upon leaving the country, you must pay a Q30 airport tax (also payable in dollars, with change returned in dollars).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save at 3.5-Star Crowne Plaza Guatemala: $116 & Up in May Expedia
- Visit Guatemala City for Less: Hotels Fr $115+/Nt Travelocity
- Vista Real Guatemala on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $183+/Nt — $183 Save with Expedia, $6/night less
- Save in Guatemala City: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $105+/Nt — $105 Save with Expedia, $9/night less
- Book 3 Nts in Guatemala City this May Fr $96+/Nt — $96 Expedia