- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hotel El Recreo Lanquín Champey
At a Glance
- close to Grutas de Lanquín and Semuc Champey
- extensive grounds
- access only via mountainous dirt road
- swimming pools not well maintained
Hotel El Recreo Lanquín Champey Review
This large wooden hotel at the mouth of the Grutas is a good choice for budget travelers. There are sparsely furnished single and double rooms as well as several stone-and-concrete cabañas out back. Some rooms share a bathroom. There's also space for camping. The restaurant serves decent Guatemalan fare.
- Address: Km 272, near Grutas de Lanquín, Lanquín, 16011
- Phone: 7983-0057; 5155-8279
- Location: Lanquín
- 38 rooms, 4 caban[t]as.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Guatemala Experience IExplore
- Colonial Cities & Mayan Civilizations IExplore
- Guatemala, Honduras & Belize — $4,995 IExplore
- Colonial Cities & Mayan Civilizations — $4,695 IExplore
My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon. Read more
Hi, all -
A summer Guatemala visit was out for me this year due to happy, busy plans to reconnect with host families in Scotland (mine) and The Netherlands (son Isaac's) and a focus week in Cambridge fo Read more
We are going for eight days and want to go to Tikal and Lake Atitlan. Read more
· News & Features
After reading these five reasons to actually stop in Guatemala (think roasting marshmallows on a volcano,... Read more
Reading trip reports from other travelers can be an invaluable resource for planning your next vacation.... Read more
The best way to experience the incomparable Maya ruins is to get up just before the birds do, from a hotel... Read more