Sights & Attractions in Las Verapaces
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Sights & Attractions Las Verapaces
Biotopo del Quetzal
A 2,849-acre tract of cloud forest along the road to Cobán...
|Nature Preserves||Biotopo del Quetzal|
Catedral de Santo Domingo
The whitewashed church bordering the main square is worth peeking...
Finca Santa Margarita
For a nation so involved with the coffee industry, Guatemala...
Grutas de Lanquín
Portions of the Grutas de Lanquín, a system of caves cut...
This very pleasant balneario, or "resort," is located in the...
Museo Príncipe Maya
A 10-minute walk from the plaza, this museum has a private collection...
|Museums / Galleries||Cobán|
Parque Nacional Las Victorias
Near Templo El Calvario, the park sits on what used to be a privately...
Often praised as the most beautiful spot in Guatemala, Semuc...
|Parks, Bodies of Water||Semuc Champey|
Templo El Calvario
A short walk from the modern markets of central Cobán...
Run by the friendly Millie Mittelstaedt de Hernández...
|Gardens / Arboretums||Cobán|
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Guatemala Experience IExplore
- Colonial Cities & Mayan Civilizations IExplore
- Guatemala, Honduras & Belize — $4,995 IExplore
- Colonial Cities & Mayan Civilizations — $4,695 IExplore