- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
There are plenty of opportunities for hiking in the hills around Santa Cruz. It is the starting point of a scenic four-hour walk to San Marcos La Laguna. The trail passes through several tiny villages and over gusty bluffs overlooking the lake.
Lago Atitlán's wealth of underwater wonders draws divers from around the world. ATI Divers is a certified diving school that offers courses for all levels, from basic certification to dive master. Iguana Perdida, Santa Cruz La Laguna, 07010. 5706-4117. C. Santander, Panajachel, 07014. 7762-2621.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Guatemala Experience IExplore
- Colonial Cities & Mayan Civilizations IExplore
- Guatemala, Honduras & Belize — $4,995 IExplore
- Colonial Cities & Mayan Civilizations — $4,695 IExplore