Honduras' Caribbean Coast Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Top Reasons To Go
Discover Garífuna Culture. The coastal villages of African descendants are full of cultural surprises. High-energy music and dancing ring out in the evenings, and tropical dishes of seafood, coconut, and cassava fill your table.
Rafting in the Jungle. La Ceiba's Cangrejal River is one of Central America's best for white-water rafting. Top-notch tour operators offer exhilarating rides between and over massive boulders, through low-hanging clouds, and past walls of endless green.
Explore the Wildlife. Botanical gardens, hot springs, mangroves, and tropical forests across the coast afford one-of-a-kind encounters with howler monkeys, crocodiles, thousands of bird species, and brilliant blossoms and fruit trees. Take a kayak tour or a hike, or glide through it all on a canopy line.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79-$85 -- Riviera Maya 4-Star All-Inclusive Resort, 55% Off BookIt.com
- $110 & up -- San Diego: Gaslamp Quarter Hotel, Save $150 Expedia
- $899 -- Luxe Puerto Vallarta All-Incl. Trip w/Air, Save $820 Apple Vacations
- $1099 -- Balcony on New Ship to Curacao MSC Cruises
- $7 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com