Getting Here and Around
Sosa has three flights a week (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday) from La Ceiba to Brus Laguna. SAMI/Aerocaribe Honduras also flies on a semiregular basis to the town.
From Brus Laguna, direct expreso boats can be hired for the two-hour journey to Raista/Belén (L1,500 per group) or the slightly longer trip to Plaplaya and Palacios. Boat rides from Brus Laguna to Las Marías last seven hours and cost L3,500 per group. Colectivo water taxis also travel between the same communities for a fraction of the cost. Any local can point you in the right direction to a water taxi, but the best way to secure a ride is to call a hotel office or tour company to set you up with their most trusted captains. It's best to plan return trips in advance so that boats can make sure to be there when you need them.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $91-$97 -- Suite at 4-Diamond Cabo Family Resort, 50% Off BookIt.com
- $60-$96 -- Cancun All-Inclusive Water Park Resort, 60% Off BookIt.com
- $689 & up -- Mexico Beach Getaways on Sale, up to 70% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $1099 -- Balcony on New Ship to Curacao MSC Cruises
- $4.39 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com