Getting Here and Around
Without the airport, transit to and from Palacios is exclusively via boat. Colectivo water taxis from Batalla frequently make the half-hour trip to Palacios, and rates are negotiable. Shared boats also swing by on the way to Raista/Belén and charge L150 per individual for the two-hour leg. Express boats from Palacios head to Raista/Belén for L800 per group round-trip.
A handful of boats leave Palacios daily at 2 pm for the two-to-three-hour trek to Brus Laguna, and water taxis leave Brus Laguna for Palacios at 3 am. Fares should run around L400.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79-$85 -- Riviera Maya 4-Star All-Inclusive Resort, 55% Off BookIt.com
- $110 & up -- San Diego: Gaslamp Quarter Hotel, Save $150 Expedia
- $499 & up -- Cancun: All-Inclusive Beachfront Getaways w/Air Vacation Express
- $1099 -- Balcony on New Ship to Curacao MSC Cruises
- $7 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com