Banks and ATMs are scarce in this region. (They're nonexistent on Isla del Tigre.) Replenish your wallet in Tegucigalpa or as you pass through Choluteca. Danlí also has a bank and an ATM. Yuscarán has a bank without an ATM. Businesses here tend toward the small, mom-and-pop side. Many do not accept credit cards and are not equipped to handle dollars.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79-$85 -- Riviera Maya 4-Star All-Inclusive Resort, 55% Off BookIt.com
- $110 & up -- San Diego: Gaslamp Quarter Hotel, Save $150 Expedia
- $439 & up -- Riviera Maya 3 Nts. All-Incl. w/Air, Kids Free CheapCaribbean.com
- $1099 -- Balcony on New Ship to Curacao MSC Cruises
- $4.39 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com