Sports and the Outdoors
Reserva Biológica Yuscarán. The cloud-forest reserve just south of town with its three 6,000-ft peaks is worth a visit if you're going to be in the area a few days—and if you have a spirit of adventure. The drive up gets very steep and hair-raising in spots. The confusing layout of the trails means realistically, you should only attempt a visit with a guide. The nonprofit Fundación Yuscarán, dedicated to area conservation, should be your number-one stop in planning a visit to the reserve. Fundación Yuscarán, Parque Central, next to City Hall. 793-7158.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $110 & up -- San Diego: Gaslamp Quarter Hotel, Save $150 Expedia
- $130-$138 -- 4-Star Cancun All-Inclusive Resort w/Credits Bookit.com
- $499 & up -- Cancun: All-Inclusive Beachfront Getaways w/Air Vacation Express
- $1099 -- Balcony on New Ship to Curacao MSC Cruises
- $7 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com