Ecoalbergue El Rosario
At a Glance
- real "get back to nature" feeling
- difficult to get here
- spartan accommodation
- chilly at night
Ecoalbergue El Rosario Review
This cabin in the clouds is operated by the Amitigra Foundation, a nonprofit organization that supports La Tigra National Park. Reservations should be made in advance through its offices in Tegucigalpa. You can also arrange transportation through Amitigra. Accommodation here is basic, but the caretakers are happy to make you breakfast and dinner. The warm shower is a real treat in the wilderness.
- Address: El Rosario
- Phone: 238-6269 in Tegucigalpa
- Location: Parque Nacional La Tigra
- 2 rooms.
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $110 & up -- San Diego: Gaslamp Quarter Hotel, Save $150 Expedia
- $130-$138 -- 4-Star Cancun All-Inclusive Resort w/Credits Bookit.com
- $499 & up -- Cancun: All-Inclusive Beachfront Getaways w/Air Vacation Express
- $1099 -- Balcony on New Ship to Curacao MSC Cruises
- $7 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com
· News & Features
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines. ... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more