Sights & Attractions in Tegucigalpa
Nearly all of Tegucigalpa's sights concentrate in Barrio El Centro, its historic downtown. The scarcity of acceptable center-city accommodation means you'll probably stay elsewhere in town and will need to taxi downtown to see the sights. A half day gives you a rushed overview; a full day lets you explore more leisurely. Think about winding up your downtown sightseeing day around 4 pm. Taxis become difficult to find during the evening rush hour, and wandering around downtown on foot at night is risky. (It gets dark here between 6 and 6:30 pm.) Walking the center-city streets during the day entails the same precautions you'd take in any new city: watch your things.
One of the capital's top sights, the new Chiminike children's museum, lies outside downtown in the southern reaches of the city.
Browse Tegucigalpa Sights
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $90-$98 -- Today: 4-Star Cancun All-Incl. Resort, Save 40% BookIt.com
- $95-$145 -- Today Only: 4-Star Costa Rica Resort w/Breakfast BookIt.com
- $689 & up -- Mexico Beach Getaways on Sale, up to 70% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $1099 -- Balcony on New Ship to Curacao MSC Cruises
- $4.39 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com