U.S. dollars and traveler's checks are the easiest, and usually the only, currency you can exchange in Honduras. Try Banco Lafise near Plaza Morazán. Most banks and malls have ATMs available as well. Normal banking hours are 9 to 4 weekdays. They are located in a financial center in Multiplaza with branches that are open from 10 to 7 Monday through Saturday, if you miss regular banking hours.
Bancahsa (Av. Cristobal Colón at C. Los Dolores, Barrio El Centro. 237-1171).
Banco Lafise (Plaza Morazán, Barrio El Centro. 237-4000. 237-1835).
Credomatic/BAC (Edificio BAC, Blvd. Morazán. 238-7200 or 206-7200).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79-$85 -- Riviera Maya 4-Star All-Inclusive Resort, 55% Off BookIt.com
- $110 & up -- San Diego: Gaslamp Quarter Hotel, Save $150 Expedia
- $499 & up -- Riviera Maya 4 Nts. All-Incl. Beach Trip w/Air CheapCaribbean.com
- $1099 -- Balcony on New Ship to Curacao MSC Cruises
- $7 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com