- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Getting Here and Around
Gracias lies southeast of Santa Rosa de Copán. Expect a few potholes along the way, but the drive is reasonable and takes just under an hour. The town is frequently designated on signs and buses as "gracias lempira" to denote the name of Lempira department (province) of which it is the capital.
One daily bus operated by Gracianos runs from San Pedro Sula to Gracias, but Congolón has more frequent departures. Crowded minivans leave periodically from the bus terminal in Santa Rosa de Copán and make many stops along the way.
Streets in Gracias have no names. Everybody gives addresses in reference to close-by landmarks.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79-$85 -- Riviera Maya 4-Star All-Inclusive Resort, 55% Off BookIt.com
- $110 & up -- San Diego: Gaslamp Quarter Hotel, Save $150 Expedia
- $899 -- Luxe Puerto Vallarta All-Incl. Trip w/Air, Save $820 Apple Vacations
- $1099 -- Balcony on New Ship to Curacao MSC Cruises
- $7 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com