- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Getting Here and Around
Highway CA-6 heads south from San Pedro Sula to Santa Rosa de Copán. Be sure to follow the highway at the crossroads town of La Entrada if you're not going to Copán Ruinas. Presently, no decent paved road connects Santa Rosa with Copán Ruinas, meaning that you must backtrack to La Entrada if you wish to travel between the two.
La Sultana provides bus service several times daily between San Pedro Sula and Santa Rosa de Copán. Travel time is about three hours.
The town is sometimes designated on signs as simply "santa rosa". The occasional bus might shorthand it even more to "src".
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $110 & up -- San Diego: Gaslamp Quarter Hotel, Save $150 Expedia
- $130-$138 -- 4-Star Cancun All-Inclusive Resort w/Credits Bookit.com
- $499 & up -- Cancun: All-Inclusive Beachfront Getaways w/Air Vacation Express
- $1099 -- Balcony on New Ship to Curacao MSC Cruises
- $7 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com