- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Indulging in the most popular activity in town: Eating out is all the rage. You can sample cuisines from around the world or feast on classics from throughout Mexico.
The chance to see authentic, small-town life: Pie de la Cuesta is a laid-back, coastal village northwest of Acapulco with some of the best seafood around.
Standing in the middle of a history lesson: The old Fort of San Diego overlooking Acapulco Bay houses one of the best museums in Mexico, illustrating the historical importance of this nearly 500-year-old city.
Dancing the night away: A sleepy village Acapulco is not. With big-city sophistication comes fabulous ocean-side restaurants, flashy hotel lounges, dance clubs with a sleek clientele, and laid-back surfer bars.
Jewelry shopping in a spot where prices are still reasonable: One of Mexico's prettiest towns, Taxco is also the place to buy silver jewelry.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79-$85 -- Riviera Maya 4-Star All-Inclusive Resort, 55% Off BookIt.com
- $149-$156 -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Resort w/Spa Credit BookIt.com
- $899 -- Luxe Puerto Vallarta All-Incl. Trip w/Air, Save $820 Apple Vacations
- $109-$139 -- Puerto Vallarta 4-Star All-Incl. Family Resort — $109-$139 BookIt.com
- $669 & up -- Cabo All-Inclusive 5-Night Trip w/Air, $200 Off — $669 CheapCaribbean.com