- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Every night Acapulco's restaurants fill up, and every night you can sample a different cuisine, whether you opt for a small, authentic loncheria (small, family-run café) serving regional favorites or an establishment with the finest international dishes.
On the Costera Miguel Alemán there are dozens of beachside eateries with palapa roofs, as well as wildly decorated rib and hamburger joints full of people of all ages who enjoy a casual, sometimes raucous, time. At the best restaurants in town the ocean views are often fantastic.
Ties and jackets are out of place, but so are shorts and jeans, except for the inexpensive places. Unless stated otherwise, all restaurants are open daily for lunch and dinner; dinner-only places open around 6:30 or 7. Most places that cater to visitors and locals purify their drinking and cooking water.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79-$85 -- Riviera Maya 4-Star All-Inclusive Resort, 55% Off BookIt.com
- $149-$156 -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Resort w/Spa Credit BookIt.com
- $499 & up -- Cancun: All-Inclusive Beachfront Getaways w/Air Vacation Express
- $109-$139 -- Puerto Vallarta 4-Star All-Incl. Family Resort — $109-$139 BookIt.com
- $399 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Beach Escapes w/Air — $399 Vacation Express