- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Buses bound for Puebla depart several times an hour from Mexico City's TAPO terminal. On ADO, the most reliable company, the two-hour ride costs about $10. From Mexico City's Terminal del Sur, hourly Cristobal Colón buses cost $11. By car, trips on the toll road Route 150D take about 1½ hours; on Route 190, the scenic—and bumpy—free road, the same journey takes three hours.
The double-decker Turibus (55/5563-6693 or 55/5598-6309) is a good option for exploring the city and the neighboring town of Cholula. Every day from 9 to 9, these open-topped buses follow a circuit around the city; you can board the buses at stops marked with Turibus signs.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $179 -- 5-Star Award-Winning Hotel in Mexico City, Reg. $399 JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City