- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
From Mexicali's sister town of Calexico, California, you can cross the border at Imperial Avenue. The highways toward Tecate and San Felipe are well marked; simply follow the signs and you're on your way. Benito Juárez Boulevard is the city's major artery, winding past the big stores and other "attractions."
Reentering the U.S., follow International Boulevard to the border crossing. Be aware that at peak times (early weekday mornings when many Mexican workers head north to the States), crossing by car can involve long waits. On foot, the crossing is relatively quick.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $199-$259 -- 4-Star Resort Near San Diego w/Skyline Views Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa