- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Sofia Rodriguez reigns over the open kitchen of this down-home, open-air Mexican restaurant. The 34 ingredients she uses in her savory mole are displayed in tiny bowls on one table, the ingredients for her homemade Mexican hot chocolate are in bowls on another. Pots of pozole (a hominy stew) and tortilla soup simmer over a gas fire on the patio while Sofia pats out fresh tortillas for each order. Specialties include conejo (rabbit), quesadillas with flor de calabaza (squash blossoms), and unusual carnitas made with lamb. Check out the view of the mission's dome from the restaurant's backyard.
- Address: Pino Suárez s/n, beside mission, Loreto, Baja California Sur, 23881
- Phone: 613/133-0282
- Location: Loreto
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sun.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $110 & up -- San Diego: Gaslamp Quarter Hotel, Save $150 Expedia
- $199-$259 -- 4-Star Resort Near San Diego w/Skyline Views Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa
How to get a healthful life ? Read more
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
We head to the Riviera Maya on the 31st of May. Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger?... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more