- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Baja California Sur State Tourist Office. The Baja California Sur State Tourist Office is in La Paz about a 10-minute drive north of the malecón (seaside promenade). It serves as both the state and city tourism office. There's also an information stand on the malecón (no phone) across from closed-but-hoping-to-reopen Los Arcos hotel. The booth is a more convenient spot, and it can give you info on La Paz and nearby region. Both offices and the booth are open weekdays 9-5. Km. 5.5, Carretera al Norte, La Paz, 23004. 866/733-5272 in U.S.; 612/124-0100. www.explorebajasur.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $110 & up -- San Diego: Gaslamp Quarter Hotel, Save $150 Expedia
- $199-$259 -- 4-Star Resort Near San Diego w/Skyline Views Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa