- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
El Faisán y El Venado
At a Glance
- best place to stay in town
- central location
- strong a/c
- basic rooms
- staff speaks little English
- Wi-Fi in common areas only
- crowing roosters in the morning
El Faisán y El Venado Review
If you absolutely need a place to stay between Riviera Maya and the beaches of Costa Maya, then this simple three-story hotel, with rustic rooms accommodating up to three people (one room sleeps five), is really your only remotely acceptable option between the Riviera Maya and the Costa Maya. Rooms are bright and clean, but basic and dated with orange and white decor. The restaurant ($) does a brisk business with locals who come for good Yucatecan specialties like poc chuc (pork marinated in sour-orange sauce), bistec a la yucateca (Yucatecan-style steak), and pollo pibil. The mole also comes recommended.
- Address: Av. Benito Juárez, Lote 781, Felipe Carrillo Puerto, Quintana Roo, 77200
- Phone: 983/834-0702; 983/834-0043
- Location: Felipe Carrillo Puerto
- 37 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book the Holiday Inn Chetumal Puerta Maya 3 Nts in May Fr $84+/Nt Expedia
- Book Explorean Kohunlich in May: 15% off Spa Services Save with Expedia, $255/night less
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
Hi there! Read more
My boyfriend just told me today, we should visit Tequila on our planned trip to PV.
We add to calendar a visit to Guadalajara since it is one of my favorite mexican cities, but have never been in Tequila. Read more
· News & Features
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more
It happens all the time: you're just stopping in to grab one thing and the next thing you know, you've... Read more