- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Catalonia Royal Tulum
At a Glance
- excellent beach
- great diving classes
- enthusiastic staff
- pressure to join in activities
- no kids under 18
- no elevator
- no pool bar
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Catalonia Royal Tulum Review
This lavish, adults-only resort was designed around the surrounding jungle and has a great beach and good food for a resort in this price range, but it may not be the place for you if you don't want a non-stop environment. The marble-floor lobby has bamboo furniture and a central waterfall underneath a giant palapa roof. Rooms have pleasant wood furniture and private terraces with views of the lush foliage. Three large pools, separated from the outdoor hot tubs by an island of palm trees, look out onto the spectacular beach. The food is exceptional and varied, with everything from Spanish tapas to fruit smoothies.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book 3 Nts in Chetumal this May Fr $84+/Nt Expedia
- Save in Chetumal: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $383+/Nt Save with Expedia, $255/night less
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
Hi there! Read more
Have a voucher and my choices are these two properties in Cancun??
What's the best pool area, location, rooms??
Just looking for a relaxing weekend without our kids..
Thanks! Read more
· News & Features
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more