- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- beachfront location
- good rates
- near restaurants and shops
- no pool
- tiny rooms
- ground-floor rooms lack ocean view
Posada Pachamama Review
This simple, charming little hotel is just across the street from the beach on Mahahual's main boardwalk. Renovated in 2012, rooms are decorated in bright colors with Mexican art and headboards built into the walls. Creature comforts include TV, a/c, Wi-Fi, and safes. The owners are an Italian couple, who are friendly but let guests do their own thing. Breakfast is served on the rooftop deck.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book 3 Nts in Chetumal this May Fr $84+/Nt Expedia
- Save in Chetumal: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $383+/Nt Save with Expedia, $255/night less
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
Hi there! Read more
Have a voucher and my choices are these two properties in Cancun??
What's the best pool area, location, rooms??
Just looking for a relaxing weekend without our kids..
Thanks! Read more
· News & Features
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more