- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Canibal Royal Review
Playa's most urbane beach club is set apart from the crowd in more ways than one. It's north of town at Calle 48 and the beach, and its retro-1950s architecture and eclectic music selection make it a destination in itself. The beach area is equipped with plenty of lounge chairs, and there's a rooftop bar with a plunge pool and sundeck. Expect to pay around $15 for a chair and umbrella; fees are generally waved for those who spend a minimum of $15 on food or drinks. For a stylish lunch, try braised octopus or a tarte flambé. There's also a juice bar and full cocktail menu featuring their signature rosemary caipiroska (vodka with lime and sugar). Amenities: food and drink; toilets. Best for: partiers.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book 3 Nts in Chetumal this May Fr $84+/Nt Expedia
- Save in Chetumal: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $383+/Nt Save with Expedia, $255/night less
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
Hi there! Read more
Have a voucher and my choices are these two properties in Cancun??
What's the best pool area, location, rooms??
Just looking for a relaxing weekend without our kids..
Thanks! Read more
· News & Features
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more