- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The Caribbean Coast is where Mexico meets the Caribbean Sea, in the state of Quintana Roo. It's bordered on the northwest by the state of Yucatán, on the west by Campeche, and on the south by the country of Belize. This region is all about the beaches—powdery white sands that curve to embrace frothy turquoise waves or clear bottle-green lagoons, and the vibrant marine life beneath. Inland landscapes, which range from scrub to jungle, are punctuated with Mayan ruins.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book 3-Star Holiday Inn Chetumal Puerta Maya Fr $84+/Nt Expedia
- Book the Explorean Kohunlich 3 Nts in May Fr $383+/Nt Save with Expedia, $255/night less