- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Although Ocosingo is on the tourist trail, most people pass right by on their way to San Cristobál or Palenque. That's a shame, because Ocosingo sits in one of the prettiest valleys in Chiapas. It's a great place for horseback riding or bathing in waterfalls. It's also the best base for exploring the Mayan ruins of Toniná.
Like many other towns, Ocosingo is centered around a manicured square with a town hall on one end and a cathedral on the other. It hasn't caught up with the rest of the world, which is its charm.
Ocosingo at a Glance
Elsewhere in Chiapas and Tabasco
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Small budget: Stay in Villahermosa this May Fr $104+/Nt Expedia
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Villahermosa Fr $142+/Nt Expedia
- Small budget: Stay in Villahermosa this May Fr $146+/Nt — $146 Save with Expedia, $66/night less
- Book now and save!: Viva Villahermosa in May — $87 Save with Expedia, $70/night less
- May deal: Fiesta Inn Villahermosa Fr $105+/Nt — $105 Expedia