Nightlife & the Arts in Cozumel
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
If you're looking for a party, look elsewhere. Cozumel's already low-key nightlife shuts down by midnight, perhaps thanks to the many dive excursions leaving at the crack of dawn. The cruise-ship passengers mobbing the bars seem to drink enough for the whole island, and the rowdiest action sometimes takes place in the afternoon, when mojito-slinging revelers pull out the stops before reboarding. But if you're willing to shift the night action a few hours earlier, the excellent salsa bands playing a few bars and beach clubs will oblige. Join locals and resident expats for a few rounds on the dance floor and you'll be ready for bed at a relatively reasonable hour.
Sunday evenings from 8 to 10, locals head for the zócalo (main square) to hear mariachis and local, Caribbean-style bands.
Browse Cozumel Nightlife
Browse Cozumel Nightlife By Location
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79-$85 -- Today: Riviera Maya All-Incl. Resort, 55% Off Bookit.com
- $89 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Incl. Partial Ocean View Suite Bookit.com
- $689 & up -- Mexico Beach Getaways on Sale, up to 70% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $1099 -- Balcony on New Ship to Curacao MSC Cruises
- $169-$179 -- Riviera Maya: All-Incl. Adults Resort, 45% Off — $169-$179 Bookit.com