- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
A few national and international flights land at the Aeropuerto Internacional de Cozumel, 3 km (2 miles) north of San Miguel, but flights to Cancún are considerably less expensive. A small airline called Mayair offers flights between Cancún and Cozumel for about $70 each way, with luggage limited to 25 kilos (55 pounds) per passenger. A budget alternative is to take a bus from the Cancún airport to Playa del Carmen and then the ferry to Cozumel. If everything runs on schedule, the trip should cost less than $20 and take about three hours.
From the airport, take a colectivo, a van that seats up to eight, to your hotel; fares range from $7 to $20 per person depending on where you're going.
Mayair (Cozumel Airport, Blvd. Aeropuerto at Av. 65, Cozumel, Quintana Roo, 77600. 997/872-3609 in Cancún. www.mayair.com.mx.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79-$85 -- Today: Riviera Maya All-Incl. Resort, 55% Off Bookit.com
- $89 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Incl. Partial Ocean View Suite Bookit.com
- $689 & up -- Mexico Beach Getaways on Sale, up to 70% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $1099 -- Balcony on New Ship to Curacao MSC Cruises
- $169-$179 -- Riviera Maya: All-Incl. Adults Resort, 45% Off — $169-$179 Bookit.com