- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Scooters are popular, but heavy traffic, potholes, and hidden stop signs make them a risky option. Mexican law requires all riders to wear helmets (it's a $25 fine if you don't).
If you do decide to rent a scooter, drive slowly, check for oncoming traffic, and don't ride when it's raining or you've been drinking. Scooters rent for about $25 per day or $15 for a half day, including insurance.
Ernesto's Scooter Rental (Carretera Costera Sur, Km 4, Cozumel, Quintana Roo, 77600. 987/871-1223 mobile. www.ernestosrental.com.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $130-$138 -- 4-Star Cancun All-Inclusive Resort w/Credits Bookit.com
- $159 -- 4-Star Cabo Resort incl. Breakfast, 35% Off The Westin Resort & Spa Los Cabos
- $499 & up -- Cancun: All-Inclusive Beachfront Getaways w/Air Vacation Express
- $1099 -- Balcony on New Ship to Curacao MSC Cruises
- $399 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Beach Escapes w/Air — $399 Vacation Express