- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
The chance to see murals by Orozco: Titanic works by this distinguished artist adorn several buildings.
Shopping for crafts at the source: Master craftsmen practice their art in the suburbs of Tonalá and Tlaquepaque.
Experiencing the most Mexican of Mexican traditions: Jalisco State is the land of tequila, mariachi, and jarabe tapatío (the hat dance).
Varied excursions: Close to the city are Mexico's largest lake and the town of Tequila, the birthplace of the country's famous firewater.
Visiting the site of pre-Hispanic ruins: Los Guachimontones, in the foothills of Tequila Volcano, is redefining western Mexico's archaeological past.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $7 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com