- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
To get to Teuchitlán from Guadalajara, drive west out along Avenida Vallarta for 25 minutes to the toll-road junction to Puerto Vallarta, then take the free (libre) Route 70 toward Vallarta. Head west along Route 15 for a couple of miles; then turn left onto Route 70 and continue until you reach the town of Tala. Two kilometers (1 mi) past the sugar mill, turn right onto Route 27. Teuchitlán is 15 minutes from the last junction. If you prefer not to drive yourself, it's also possible to hire a car from Guadalajara.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $4.39 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com