- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hotel Mar de Cortez
At a Glance
- clean rooms and pleasant surroundings
- refreshing pool
- free Internet
- noisy air-conditioning units
- surrounding streets are busy and loud
- beds and pillows are too hard
- towels are limited
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Hotel Mar de Cortez Review
Another one of Cabo's original hotels, this colonial-style property has been operating for over 30 years, and remains one of the most affordable in all of Los Cabos. Great for fishermen with buddies, and travelers on a budget, the suites have up to four beds (and are quite reasonably priced in high season). Located in the very middle of the downtown Cabo San Lucas action, Hotel Mar is only a few blocks from the marina, a block from the main square, near muchos restaurants, bars, clubs, and shopping.
- Address: Lazaro Cardenas and Guerrero, Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, 23410 | Map It
- Phone: 624/143-0032; 800/347-8821 in U.S.
- Website: www.mardecortez.com
- Location: Cabo San Lucas
- 72 rooms, 16 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sept.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79-$85 -- Riviera Maya 4-Star All-Inclusive Resort, 55% Off BookIt.com
- $149-$156 -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Resort w/Spa Credit BookIt.com
- $479 & up -- Cancun All-Incl. Resort w/Air, Kids Stay Free CheapCaribbean.com
- $3210 & up -- 12-Nt. Luxe Mexican Riviera Cruise on Azamara American Express Travel
- $7 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
Hi there! Read more
My boyfriend just told me today, we should visit Tequila on our planned trip to PV.
We add to calendar a visit to Guadalajara since it is one of my favorite mexican cities, but have never been in Tequila. Read more
· News & Features
Think of Los Cabos and you'll probably have images of umbrella drinks and sandy beaches swimming in you ... Read more
Not all beaches are swimmable all the time (or ever).... Read more
What once was the drink of the poor Mexican farmer is now produced en masse and enjoyed internationally,... Read more