Los Cabos Holidays
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Los Cabos Holidays
Banks and government offices close during Holy Week, Cinco de Mayo, Día de la Raza, and Independence Day, and occasionally for other religious holidays; hours and staff are reduced Christmas through New Year's Day.
One of Los Cabos' most enjoyable celebrations is the Festival of Rhythms, Colors and Flavors (Festival de Ritmos, Colores y Sabores), which takes place in late November/early December. It's a weeklong celebration of food, drink, and music, and showcases the area's top restaurants.
Mexico's public holidays include New Year's Day (January 1); Constitution Day (February 5); Benito Juárez's Birthday (March 21); Good Friday (Friday before Easter Sunday); Easter Sunday; Labor Day (May 1); Cinco de Mayo (May 5); St. John the Baptist Day (June 24); Independence Day (September 16); Día de la Raza (October 12); Día de los Muertos (November 2); Anniversary of the Mexican Revolution (November 20); and Christmas (December 25).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $90-$98 -- Today: 4-Star Cancun All-Incl. Resort, Save 40% BookIt.com
- $117-$137 -- Today: Puerto Vallarta 4-Star All-Incl. Resort BookIt.com
- $689 & up -- Mexico Beach Getaways on Sale, up to 70% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $3210 & up -- 12-Nt. Luxe Mexican Riviera Cruise on Azamara American Express Travel
- $4.39 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com